Benefits of product:
- Unique, one component, ready to use brushable product
- RESIST HYDROSTATIC PRESSURE
- ENHANCE COLOUR SHINE AND DURABILITY IF APPLIED ABOVE COLOUR
- IMPROVES BONDING OF CEMENT AND PUTTY.
- MIX WITH CEMENT /PUTTY FOR BINDING & WATER PROOFING
- OUTDOOR-INDOOR APPLICATION
- PROTECTS EXTERIOR WALLS FROM WATER AND DIRT
- FADING DUE TO SUN AND RAIN IS REDUCED
AVAILABLE PACK SIZE:
1 LTR AND 5 LTR
DRYING TIME TO TOUCH:
4 TO 6 HOURS , TOUGHENING IN 16-24 HOURS
AREAS OF APPLICATIONS:
- 1. DUCON SHIELD IS WATER PROOF COAT FOR PLASTERED & CONCRETE SURFACES.
- 2. ADD 10-15% OF SHIELD TO DISTEMPER/PAINT FOR IMPROVING SHINE, BINDING AND WATER PROOFING OF PAINT.
- 3. WATER PROOFING ON TERRACE AND PARAPET WALLS AND OVERHEAD & UNDER-GROUND WATER TANKS
- SHEILD IN CEMENT MIX GIVES NATURAL WATER PROOFING
- 4. AS A BONDING COAT FOR PLASTER TO PLASTER/PLASTER OVER BRICKS
- 5. AS A WATER PROOF REPAIR PLASTER & CRACK REPAIR.
- 6. ONE COAT OF SHEILD OVER PAINT IMPROVE SHINE, DURABILITY AND BINDING OF PAINT/DISTEMPER
How to use:
- FOR WATER PROOFING :
- Clean the surface thoroughly. Remove dirt, dust, grease, oil etc. either by wire brush or grinder.
- Wash surface with clean water and wait till it become dry. Surface cracks less than 3 mm shall be seled with crack seal and above 3 mm shall be repaired by a mortar
- made by mixing 3 parts of cement with one part of shield , sand and water.
- New/ repaired and cleaned Masonary surface: surface shall be fully cured and dry and free from efflorescence. Apply a single coat of shield by brush without dilution with forced coverage of 40-50 sq ft . allow it to dry for 4-6 hours.Above this for a smooth finish apply Ducon wall care putty.
- Surface in damaged condition:
- Remove the existing putty till plaster levelin the affected area including one ft extra surface in all directions. Remove all salts and efflorescence before application . After this method as detailed in above point shall be applied.
- For water proofing of roof and parapet walls :
Add 1 kg of shield in 3 kg of cement and add 1-2 kg of water as required . Mix thoroughly and apply 2 coats with brush on roof. Interval between coats shall be min 4 hours in summer and 6 hours in winter and rainy season .
- FOR WATER PROOFING OF PAINT:
Step 1 and 2 same as above.
- Apply one coat of shield above paint to protect paint from water and to increase shine by 20-25%.
- Add 3 liter shield in 20 liter primer & paint it from exterior side of house to make walls damp proof against external water.
C: FOR ENHANCING PUTTY PROPERTIES:
Add 1 liter shield in 40 kg putty to enhance the binding & smoothness. Also the complaints of crust formation and reversal will go away.